Things to Consider in Wound Symptom Management
Wound Symptom Management: Points to Ponder
- Goal can become comfort & limiting the impact of the wound: not healing.
- Prevent the wound from getting worse : Use your agency’s wound care and mattress guidelines
- Reduce pain and discomfort
- Prevent infection
- Manage odor
- Manage exudates
- Minimize skin & wound exposure to body fluids
- Malnutrition is significant if any one of the following are present:
- Serum albumin < 3.5 mg/dl
- Total lymphocytic count < 1800mm
- Unintentional loss > 15% of body weight
* Note: These are wound care guidelines only. Consult with the primary physician for specific orders.
If you found this article informative and useful share it with your friends and colleagues.
Simplify Your Hospice Team’s Training and Skill Building
A complete solution for your agency: more than 125 hospice courses, caregiver in-services, training plans, and more.