Things to Consider in Wound Symptom Management
You are here:
Wound Symptom Management: Points to Ponder
- Goal can become comfort & limiting the impact of the wound: not healing.
- Prevent the wound from getting worse : Use your agency’s wound care and mattress guidelines
- Reduce pain and discomfort
- Prevent infection
- Manage odor
- Manage exudates
- Minimize skin & wound exposure to body fluids
- Malnutrition is significant if any one of the following are present:
- Serum albumin < 3.5 mg/dl
- Total lymphocytic count < 1800mm
- Unintentional loss > 15% of body weight
* Note: These are wound care guidelines only. Consult with the primary physician for specific orders.
If you found this article informative and useful share it with your friends and colleagues.