A Usage Guideline for Dermafill in Hospice
Dermafill is recommended for use as a temporary covering/dressing for the treatment of wounds including:
- Pressure sores/skin tears
- Venous stasis, arterial, ischemic and diabetic wounds
- Second degree burns
- Skin graft donor sites
- Traumatic abrasions and lacerations
- Biopsy dressing
- Not for use for third-degree burns
- Not for use on actively infected wounds unless infection is actively being treated and followed by medical personnel
- Not for use if osteomyelitis is present
- Not for use in wounds with heavy exudate
- Not for use in an area where the dressing may become saturated (usually from incontinence )
- Wounds greater than 0.5 cm deep
* Note: These are guidelines only. Consult with the primary physician for specific orders.
If you found this article informative and useful share it with your friends and colleagues.