Guidelines for Deep Dry Wound Care
- To fill dead space
- To maintain moist wound surface and protect.
Obtain a physician order:
- Use Standard Precautions
- Clean wound with Normal Saline or with a Dermal Wound Cleanser for infected wounds.
- (Follow manufacturer instructions if using a Dermal Wound Cleanser.)
- Pat dry
- Hydrate with a hydrogel
- Cover with foam dressing (product examples include Polymem or Allevyn)
- Change every 3-7 days
- Document per agency protocol
* Note: These are wound care guidelines only. Consult with the primary physician for specific orders.
If you found this article informative and useful share it with your friends and colleagues.